Getting Started with FCEUX
Tips for performing basic functions
The most basic function of FCEUX is to play Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) and Famicom Disk System (FDS) games.
To play a game simply open a ROM by selecting "Open" in the File Menu (or press Ctrl+O).
(See Game Compatibility for information regarding file types that are compatible with FCEU.)
Movie features in FCEUX are designed specifically for making Tool-assisted Speedruns.
FCEUX offers extensive features and tools for making these movies. The Movies has more detailed information.
For more information visit TASVideos.
Also see TAS Editor Manual.
FAQs and Guides
- The Win32 binary is packaged with documentation in the form of a help .chm with.
- Some of the SDL documentation might be informative to Windows users--so if the CHM doesn't answer your question, give it a shot.
- (WIP) Documentation for the SDL build is available here.
- FAQ for the SDL build can be found here.
- Some of the Windows documentation applys to the SDL port as well.